Voting

Monday, January 31, 2011

Things Are Changing!

I decided I needed to add lighter and brighter colors to my home decor. I have a nice decor but in our new living space, it seems dark and heavy. So, with that in mind and of course my frugal personality, I decided to re-do a couple pieces and take something I already like and make it something that suits the changes I want to make.
 So I love these mirrors. They were black and thought they might look good white. The painters tape did not work (but I sure like the color of the tape) and I had to scrape off paint from the mirrors for a couple hours.

 But this is what they look like now. Before you say anything, I know I need color on the bed and I have a plan to talk my mom into making me pillows when she comes next month...stay tuned.
But remember that I like the color of the painters tape........
 I decided this cool color would be a part of my bedroom color scheme. I painted the candle sticks white (they were green and orange) and Doug (he loves a good deal) found the vase on clearance at Fredies and decided it was going in the room too.

He also came home with a can of spray paint and painted a brown hanging basket that I had not used n years but could not get rid of (out of character for me if you know me at all) and this is what it looks like. I don't know where it is going yet (maybe the bathroom) or maybe out on the back deck when I re-paint it. Stay tuned and I will let you know.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme! When are you going to tackle that mirror??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...if I paint it and it looks bad...will you help me sand it out?
    Kidding
    Actually it is on the list...but behind about 5 other ugly pieces of furniture I have my eye on in my decidedly confused decorating scheme.

    ReplyDelete